Pages

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

DIY: Bulletin Board Re-Do

Sorry  I have been MIA for a very, very long time.  But good news, I have several fun posts coming up over the next few days and weeks of DIY projects, homeschooling fun, and yummy recipes.  The first one is this:

Is that not one of the ugliest bulletin boards you have even seen?  This was a trash pick from 4 months ago and it actually says "Trash Please" on the back!  It smelled of smoke, has that terrible stain, and was in, over all, bad shape.  I thought, "I could use a bulletin board for my classroom, I'll take it home."  It has been sitting for months in the garage, so thankfully the smell is gone.  

Next, I pulled out my scrapbooking supplies and found some really cute and brightly colored 12 x 12 paper that was probably 5-6 years old.  I arranged 12 pieces and stapled them down and had a great new cover for my board.  I found a cute border in the education section at Joann Fabrics for $1.60 and added that around the ugly edge.  My sweet boys stood on my desk while I hammered the nails in, and....



There you have it a brightly colored, fun bulletin board for my classroom that was FREE and only took about 15-20 minutes to redo!  I took someone else's trash and made into something useful and beautiful for us.  Now I am excited to put stuff on it!  (Don't mind my messy desk).  What do you think?


No comments:

Post a Comment