Pages

Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Homemade Pizza

Here's a great recipe from my Cooking Light cookbook of a whole wheat pizza crust that is delicious!  I found it online too.  We have made three pizzas from scratch already....yeah...saving money!  It freezes very well too (if you accidently double the dough like we did).  I am going to try to figure out the cost per pizza and get back to you....I would guess about $2-3!!!  The crust is a little thick, so we recommend baking the crust for 8-10 minutes before adding the toppings.  We prefer a thinner crust.  We have to work on our pizza dough rolling out and tossing skills! Enjoy! We haven't ordered out any pizza this month!  Yeah!


1 comment:

  1. Mmm....yummy! We used to be a 100% frozen pizza kind of family, until just a few months ago when I dug up my homemade dough recipe - I had forgotten how easy and delicious it was! No more frozen or delivery pizza for us!

    ReplyDelete