Yield: 24 bars
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- ½ cup ground flaxseed
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- ½ cup (1 stick) butter
- ½ cup sugar (I've used Splenda too)
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 small apple; peeled and chopped
- ½ cup dried goji berries or raisins (I use Crainsins)
- ½ cup chopped, dried dates or apricots
- 1 cup chopped walnuts or almonds (optional)
- 1½ cups coconut
- 3 cups old fashioned oats
- ¼ cup applesauce
- Stir together dry ingredients (flour, salt, baking soda, and spices).
- In a mixing bowl, beat butter and sugars.
- Add in honey, eggs, and vanilla.
- Slowly add in dry mixture and beat together.
- Stir in oats, applesauce, coconut, fruit, and nuts.
- Drop spoonfuls onto baking sheet.
- Bake 12-14 minutes at 350°F.
Calories From Fat: