Pages

Monday, March 1, 2010

Best kept secret in the MOT area (or at least I think so!)

So, do you have small children, and need something fun, and free to do each week? Well, head on over to my new favorite library in the area on Wednesdays at 11:00 for story time! And, no, its not the Appoquinimick library on Broad Street that I'm talking about. I am referring to the super cute, small and quaint, and very antiquey (if that's a word) library in Odessa called the Corbit-Calloway Memorial Library. Since moving to our new neighborhood last summer, I have been checking out things on "this side" of town and discovered this great, little library off of Main Street in Odessa. What I love about it....the staff is so friendly, the toy area is very organized, the toys are unique and different, the play area is very spacious given the size of the library, good selection of books and DVDs (great to get kids videos from the library if you of the frugal and thrifty type), and the story times are very fun and educational. We really enjoyed ourselves last week and we are going to try to go every Wednesday for it. Hope to see you and your kids there too. Oh, yes, there is a nice story time at the other library too that we used to go to, but I just like this one better....I think its the atmosphere. It reminds me of walking into a piece of history!

No comments:

Post a Comment